As I started this journey of blogging, I never envisioned the path it would take me down. But I am so very thankful for the journey it’s led me on and the experiences we are able to have as a family because of the blog. We are loving the time we are spending together, the discussions we are having, the dreams we are dreaming together again. Blogging has opened doors we didn’t know existed, and we are just starting out!
The Season We Are In has been awarded the Liebster Award, which is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. Thank you Notes From A Banjo for the nomination! Be sure to check out their blog and travels! Her photos are amazing!
Here are The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
Write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it
NOMINATED BLOGS- Check these out for some great blogging tips, mommy support, Disney tips, Travel tips, and Pinterest love!
NEW QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
- Why did you begin blogging? I started blogging in May of 2017 with the prayer of giving hope to other families who were struggling with the diagnosis and treatment options for ADHD and Anxiety, especially for children. We have chosen a less known means of treatment and in turn have found our son has additional health issues, including an overactive adrenal gland that is affecting his heart. Had we just treated the symptoms and not gone with our gut to dig for additional answers, his heart could have sustained more damage. Because of this realization and now having to completely make up new recipes for him to heal his adrenal gland, I wanted to share our experience, recipes, and hope with other families, and encourage parents to be their children’s advocates.
- What is your favorite sport? I grew up eating/breathing/living basketball. Now, as an adult, I enjoy playing volleyball and watching football.
- What is your favorite characteristic about yourself? I have a big, giving, heart. I love others and give almost to a fault. I love that I can love so deeply and care for others so honestly.
- What is your favorite book? To Kill A Mockingbird, or My Hands Came Away Red by Lisa McKay
- What is the best place you’ve visited and why? Hands down, Hawaii. My husband and I honeymooned there, and we have been back twice since. Kauai is our island, and our happy place. It is raw and authentic Hawaii, the culture is very much alive on the island, and we are able to explore, hike, and be by and in the ocean which we love.
- What is your dream trip? I’d love to do a world trip. I’d love to see Paris, Germany, Egypt, Australia, New Zeeland, go back to Hawaii, Tahiti, Sao Paulo Brazil, Mexico City, the Caribbean, Maine and New Hampshire, Alaska… I wouldn’t be opposed to traveling for a year…
- What is your meaning of life? The meaning of my life is God and my family. They mean everything to me.
- What is your favorite social media handle? Oola
- What is something you’d like to improve in your life? I would love to improve upon being more positive.
- Who inspires you? My husband. He is my confidant, supporter, lover, father to my children. He is an amazing person who has grown with me and keeps me wanting to do better.
- Beach, mountain or city? Beach!
11 Random Facts About Me:
I grew up on a dairy farm; My childhood dream came true when my husband and I purchased our current home on 5 acres about 15 minutes out of town (I had always loved living on the farm, but didn’t enjoy milking the diary cows… we don’t have cows 🙂 ); I love God; I love my family; I also love coffee; I hide chocolate from my kids for the days that MOMMA NEEDS CHOCOLATE; I hate wearing shoes; I love to read; I don’t have a favorite genre of music or a favorite band; I love photography; I wish I could live where it is warm all the time, I don’t like cold weather.
I’m so glad to have found the blogging community and their positive support for one another. Congrats friends, and good luck in your journey!